Thursday, June 11, 2009

Strawberry with Pancakes on Top

Tomorrow we are off to the northern Arizona town of Strawberry for a 2-day festival in the sunshine...How delightful sounding is that? Again, pinch me...Instead of boarding a plane in my black travel suit, I will be wearing a gypsy dress, going barefoot and hanging out in a place much like I would imagine...Candyland (Remember that childhood game? Anyone....) to be.

I imagine the weather will be wonderful; the town cheery and sweet. But what I look forward to most, what will bounce me out of bed tomorrow morning, is the promise of meeting and connecting with wonderful new customers who always seem to find us. And going on treasure hunts through all our latest finds for just the right bauble or vintage piece to complete a look or brighten a day.

I know it's just a little thing, but for me, it's enough, to see somebody who seems a little harried or beaten down, spend some time finding a little something just for herself that doesn't strain her budget and makes her feel like a million bucks!

That and a greasy spoon that serves pancakes with real maple syrup and I will be complete.

Safe travels. See you down the road, Heidi

1 comment:

  1. Love the look of your blog and hope you have a wonderful trip....can't wait to hear about "Strawberry".

    hugs, jackieb

    ReplyDelete